Saturday, August 16, 2008

building more shadows

I've gone in again, laying in more shadow values. It seems I might be going about this the long way, you think? Actually, while I was blocking in my facial features, I laid in an underlayer of white, heavily in the areas that were to remain white, or had a highlight I didnt' want to lose. Then the pinks, peaches and lavenders. The darker colors "stain" the bristol, and this way, I can lift the darks if I need to, revealing the lighter or highlights underneith. Not so crazy now am I? ;)

2 comments:

Bill said...

Inquiring minds wannaknow.........Why in the world are you using Bristol? hehehe

Toni James , Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Ah.. inquiring minds huh? Well I needed a break from the sanded surfaces for one, wanted something that worked a little faster for two.. but mostly I like to do what others say can't be done.

lots of layers on bristol.. ya know?