Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lisie & the Iris, a WIP




Every once in awhile I'll fall into this little funk, art wise. Just when one would think, coming home from a big art show would be inspriring, it just isn't so. Not this time. The last few days have been tough. I feel a bit unfocused, and uninspired to start with. I've gone out to the studio and accomplished .. cleaning of all things lol. (how depressing is that?!)


I was lucky enough to attend a 5 day workshop with Carrie Ballantyne at the Scottsdale Artists School back in 2003. It was today that these words she said, popped up into my head. She said, " Being a professional artist means you work everyday on your art, weather you feel like it or not."


And of course, she's right. So, I took a deep breath, dusted myself off, and marched myself out to the studio. I have a big project I'm working on, but I'm not quite ready to get back into that just yet. So, I started with someting a little different than my norm. Something to loosen up and get back into the swing of things. No underpainting this time, lots of layers but direct color applications. I always use good ol' toilet paper to blend with when I'm using bristol, this time is no different.


This is prismacolor on Bristol Vellum.. Lisie & the Iris, a WIP




3 comments:

Brenda said...

You started it!! I love to watch your WIPs so I will be tuned to this. Nice job on the RSS. I'm subscribed!

Toni James said...

lol..

would you like your boot back?

((hugzzzzzzzz))

magpie

Brenda said...

ha ha! You never need a boot. Just a small, gentle, ever so quiet push.

Love!
Mzzzzzz. Pot