Monday, August 18, 2008

Today was a nice day in the studio, I think I managed to get about 3 hours of uninterupted drawing time in because my studio companion was recovering from a weekend full of family and chasing her ball to exhaustion. She resembles a mop laying in the "frame" of my easel on the floor lol. Poor little Pip!
Today I added a couple more pencils to my palette, henna and peachy beige...
tomorrow.. I've got to move down, get her chin set, and that darn purple iris! See.. I started with the easy parts lol!
It's starting to take on a glow, and a richness of color. Thats why I like my pencil well saturated and not layered lightly.. it's the depth of color that is so cool to me.


5 comments:

Beth said...

Beautiful eyes! This is coming along beautifully. Glad I found this!

Norma said...

What a great way to check up on your daily etchings - Love it so far

Toni James , Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Thank you beth. I'm glad you found me too! I'll post her on ST when she's done.

Norma, You better keep an eye on me! Who knows what trouble I'll get into ;) lol.... and thank you.

Jory said...

hey pencils4me--

this onion image would make a great monthly challenge piece for members of Carol's Drawing Club. I don't think you need to worry about any of them even coming close to your piece, which you get a "rountuit."

Jory

Toni James , Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

HI Jory.. thanks for dropping by! Hmmmm I have tons of photos. I'll have to think about it, but don't hold your breath dear, it won't be anytime soon.

I don't want you to turn blue! ;)