Monday, September 8, 2008

dewdrops, sunsets & ....... rocks?

I hope this week finds you all happy and well! Might I add creative to that list? Weather it's with a camera, a pencil or a brush... enjoy!
One early January morning, I was coming home from my daily shuttle to the High School, and as I crossed the wash, these little beauties caught my eye.  Luckily I had grabbed my new camera and my brand new nikkor VR lens I had gotten for Christmas. I started to drive on by.. but what the heck! So I pulled over and walked back, and was awestruck by the tiny diamonds God had scattered about the humble desert.
As I clicked away, I was taken in by the abstract beauty in my viewfinder, and before I knew it, I was sitting flat in the mud, to get the light as it filtered down thru the dewdrops, closer and closer I had to get. No longer content with the average "point of view".  Cold, damp, muddy and late for my artgroup, I didn't even care. The 100+ shots I got of these diamonds were well worth it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Ahhhhhhhh then there are the sunsets..... who can resist these?
I'm not sure whata it is about these silly things that I like to photograph!
whoops .. another one!
amethyst... georgeous purples!
Yessssssss I do have plans for this one... ;)

2 comments:

Larry Hartfield said...

I love your photos. You live where mother nature has really provided you with some fantastic material to work with, but it wouldn't matter if you didn't have a great eye. I am sure many people go right by the same things you photograph and never notice them. Please do keep posting.

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Hey Larry,

I think your right, but you know this because your quite adept behind the lens also! I think as an artist, using a camera is in a way, the same as creating a painting. You and I know you have the same "rules" but on top of that its the artistic vision that takes a photo beyond a snapshot to something more.

From one artist/photographer to another, thank you larry.