Friday, September 12, 2008

Lisie & the Iris, updated along with the oil painting

I have no idea on a title for the still life. Usually when I start a piece, whatever has inspried me also give me a title that sticks in my head. Easy enough? There are times when I'm blank.. and those are the pieces that are the hardest to title. Is it because the inpiration is missing or some spark? Hmmmm I'll have to think about it. What do you think, when do your titles come to you?

Whoah.. looks kinda messy! That's fine for now, because my brushes are feeling really nice as an extention of my hand, I think this one is going to be just fine in the end.... stay tuned, i've been known to be wrong! lol.

Yesterday I was ready to update Lisie and the Iris, but I had to leave the studio to run errands instead. Not fun! So here is yesterdays update, I smoothed out the skin with the Derwent blender that was passed out at the CPSA convention. I had never used one before, it worked pretty nice, but I felt like it changed my colors... almost muddied them. 



 
Todays progress I decided to scan, as I was scanning another update.... (for those looking for an update to H&S of a Woman... you know where to find it ;) )  Yay, I started on the iris! lol.. and a few other places..
 
 

1 comment:

Dors said...

So beautiful. a pretty girl too. Love it.