Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fed Ex Nightmare! Is the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty?

Chaps and Chevy's

I sit here this morning, in front of my computer screen intending to write something.... but I find myself staring out the window instead, wondering ..



WHERE IS MY CHAPS and CHEVY'S!?!?



Chaps and Chevy's is the piece of artwork I had hanging in the CPSA International Exhibition in Seattle this summer. This piece represents a year and a half of my life. It's a bit on the larger side for a colored pencil piece somewhere around 20"x24". This is the piece I worked on at the hospital while I sat with my mother before she passed away. This is the piece that was there when my grandson was born. I was distracted so many times during that year and a half I'm surprised it was she was ever finished.

I knew the CPSA Seattle show was due to be taken down, with plenty of time for her to be returned, so I submitted Chaps and Chevy's to our AZ DC212 fall show. I patiently waited... and waited... and then I asked a couple other artists with pieces in the same show; yes they had gotten their pieces back. I contacted the cartage company, to confirm my piece was shipped out. Ugh.. I started getting sick to my stomach. That was last Friday afternoon. When I filled out my return Fed Ex label, I made sure I put tracking on it with a shipping notice. I always do! No tracking shows on my Fed Ex account. Ugh.. not a good feeling. On Monday I was able to substitute another piece for our DC212 show, but I wasn't able to call because I was helping hang that same show. When I got home, I had a return email from the cartage company. Yes, my piece had shipped out on the 3rd of Oct with aprox 40 other piece Fed Ex picked up. Oh no....still no package, but now I was really worried. I called them yesterday only to have them tell me that my piece was picked up on the 3rd of Oct. (remember I had no records on any kind on my FED EX account.. it was blank) and delivered to my address on the 8th of October!! WHAT?!? Yes, the woman said, it was delivered to this address, and left at the front door. Ha. well.. first of all I was home in the studio all last Wed, and secondly there is no way he can leave it at my front door unless I open the gate for him ..which is almost 1/2 mile from my house! Ok, the woman says " we'll have to start tracking it, when the driver comes into the terminal this evening. It'll take 24 to 48 hours before you hear from us."

Ok, if that's what it takes, there isn't much I can do about it. I'll have to wait. But what really bugs me is that they delivered my large airfloat box, with my label on it, my name and phone number inside and outside to the wrong front door.... and NO ONE has called to say "hey, this package isn't ours! come back and get it" But noooooooooooooooooooooo someone has had my package for a week now.. most likely one of my own neighbors! That little angel sitting on my shoulder tells me the glass is half full, maybe they don't use the front door? Maybe the house where it was delivered is just empty? If so, it's by a front door but of course it didn't get rained on last week during our torrential afternoon rainfall! It's not sitting there weathered and damaged! But on the other shoulder is that little devil saying ... the glass is really half empty! Does that mean that where ever Fed Ex left my artwork.. they opened it and said ohhhhhhhhh lets just keep it?

I have no choice at this point except to see what Fed Ex has to say today.

Uhg... I feel a pounding headache coming on.......

No comments: