Friday, October 24, 2008

CPSA DC #212 Fall Exhibition

Sorry no update.. I've been under the weather for the last couple days. Yesterday I finally took some cold medicine, only to have it knock me out for 3 hours! lol.. Not very productive, either sleeping the day away or in a "cold medicine fog". Oh well, it will pass and I'll get back to the studio.

Last Saturday evening was our CPSA District Chapter Fall Exhibition. I submitted "Shootin' the Breeze" and "Chaps and Chevy's".  Both were juried in, but as you know Chaps & Chevy's was lost for a couple weeks. I was able to substitute "Silver and Daisy" instead.

The gallery in Casa Grande was an old historic home, with wood floors and windows. Very cute. There were probably 50 pieces of CP art hanging in the show. It was a very nice size reception, plenty of people and the Casa Grande Art Museum did an outstanding presentation, everything was gorgeous.  At the end of the evening "Chaps and Chevy's" was presented with an honorable mention. Kewl.

This show runs though the middle of November in Casa Grande, if anyone wants to see it. Enjoy!

This is my Silver and Daisy... I know the title stinks but nothing came to mind.
Last Friday and Saturday my Tucson colored pencil group, TCPAA hosted a workshop given by Linda Lucas Hardy. I was unable to attend, but Linda came to the Casa Grande opening. She's a sweetheart, and Linda, thank you, I enjoyed our talk so much, one day we'll have to finish it!
We were making fun of the "myspace" pictures everyone kids seem to have lol...we thought we'd have one of our own ;)
I don't think I'm going to work on the figure piece today, but I'm going to work on something small instead. Cold meds.. blech!!!
Keep those pencils scribbling!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention! Did they find your'Chaps and Chevys'?

Norma said...

What a process to go through just to say "YOU GO GIRL"