This figurative work I'm doing is on Uart 500, 14x30 with Prismacolors. Here is my final transfer, with my background beginning to take shape . Rough but it's a shape. I'm using linear strokes for now, holding my pencils as far back as I can, or using an extender if the pencil is to short to hold that far away. That way I get longer strokes, but you still have to be careful with the application.
here is a closeup... many many more layers to go!
Next... I decided because of the size of this background I would use my Gamsol to dissolve the binder, letting me work the pencil into the sandpaper faster and push the wax color around like paint..
Bonus... my studio companion! This is the only place I don't trip over her when I'm working. I'm sure there are those of you out there that know exactly what that's like.
At this point I decided to let it sit and dry over night.
With my background set (but nowhere near finished) I'm free to move onto the first layers of the figure. This is the fun part! I managed to work a few hours uninterrupted ...
Forgive the color changes... darn lights. The image above is more correct than the one below;
but then....... well you can see for yourself..... and it was time to call it a day.
Ah.. I'm eager to get back out to my studio tomorrow, such a great feeling to feel inspired.
Thanks for dropping by!