Monday, March 9, 2009

Bouguerau Study, Apres Le Bain in colored pencil

I did this quick little study on one of the Uart 800 samples they donated at the Seattle CPSA convention. It's actually only 4"x6". Of course it's not and exact study, I did change a few things. I find his skin tones fascinating as his paintings as a whole. Studying the old masters gives one a whole new thought process when approaching a piece with colored pencil. I highly recommend it!
This isn't my first master's study. My first one was a crop from one of Sir Edward Poynter's "Cave of the Storm Nymphs" aprox 8x10 on Wallis pastel paper. Such a great learning tool!

5 comments:

Meisie said...

Oh another beauty Toni! I remember your last one so well too.One day when I grow up....LOL

Beth said...

Cool! You did that today?

Brent Seevers said...

Nicely done.

Grahame Butler said...

great skin tones, these are beautiful Toni.

Dors said...

Just so beautiful I love it