Sunday, May 10, 2009

She needs a official title of her own.....

I've been using a working title for this piece that came more from the inspiration behind these two figurative pieces than anything. The small one is " Heart and Soul of a Woman" and will always remain so. However now that this second piece is close to complete I'm finding I can't quite put my finger on what it is I want her "official" title to convey.


It would be really simple to just go with a "fluff" title, but I just can't. There is just to much of me in her. (so to speak *rolls eyes*) I have a couple titles I'm tossing around but .. nothing has stuck quite yet.





This is actually the piece I withdrew from the CPSA exhibition submission, after submitting it. I have tweaked it some now, and I'm much happier with it.

15"x 30" on Uart 500, prismacolor pencils.
Although.. she's still nameless!

A big congratulations to all those Colored Pencil artists who's name appears on this years list of a accepted artists/entries into the CPSA International Exhibition. Mine was not on the list this year, and that's OK with me. That's just the way it goes.

Off to bigger an better things!






7 comments:

Dors said...

This is pure elegance. and is so perfect and beautiful.

I am sure you will come up with a name that fits as well as you did with "Heart and Soul of a Woman"

Eric said...

Goodness, look at the lighting / tone on that! And the thoughtful expression you've captured...
any name I could suggest wouldn't do it justice.

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Dors your to sweet, thank you. The difference is my titles are usually part of my inspriation, hence why this one idea had two images... oy. If nothing has come to me title wise while I'm working on them at least, afterwards is a struggle!

I hope so.. I'll have to enter it as "untitled" if I don't.. ack.

Thank you Eric - lol. Thoughtful expression? *snickers*. Somehow I never saw thoughtful on her face.... I found her expression changed everytime my mood did. Wow, that sucked lol... dang it all. lol.

Eric said...

I agree, it's one of those expressions that can be interpreted!

Has it ever said to you 'I wonder if I left the garage door open?' just kidding. ;)

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Eric lol...

Grahame Butler said...

Beautiful work Toni, I love everything about this peice, can't help you with the title, I can think of a few but they wouldn't be allowed .... lol

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

LOL @ Grahame.. thank you so much. Uh... there was a reason I left these jpgs small!