Friday, June 19, 2009

From the deep dark wilds of Texas...

I was watching National Geographic the other night, they had a story about a very rare sighting in Texas, did anyone else see it?

It seem that in the deep dark under growth of the wilds of Texas, amid the cool night breezes, the chirping of crickets and the soft lowing of the longhorn cattle........Something mysterious has been sighted! This creature has been seen rarely in the daylight hours, seems to roam about eating at night, napping frequently but visits the local watering hole weekly according to the footprints. It appears to be mostly nocturnal with an occasional foray into the dawn and dusk hours.
If one is lucky enough to see this creature..... grab your camera, it appears to be very shy at first glance, although one can hear vocalizations all night long if you know what your listening for....

WIP 11x14 prismacolor and neocolor II on pastelbord, about halfway completed.  The reference photo I used is of a friend, taken with a flash indoors and blurry at that. lol. This was drawn freehand off the computer screen. I took a lot of liberties with this one! So much fun. Her setting is completely made up, I had to give her more "meat" on her skinny frame because she was to skinny to get this effect without it. A Texan and artist in her own right, she loves her longhorns.... hence her brindling lol.


Sunshine is fine, but I haven't worked on her since my last update. Next week she'll be completed. Have a great weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Eric said...

I went to UT, so I would totally ask this lovely creature out, lol.

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

*snickers.. well that's just scary Eric, now that I've had that whole red/orange/white steer mascot explained to me roflol.. perhaps my subject isn't so odd after all? lol. Coming from a town full of Wildcat fans I assure you it would be a rare site around here! lol.

Meisie said...

Thanks for the chuckle!!!...

Dors said...

Oh Toni this is very different. Very wild looking. Great job as always.

Brandy said...

LOL - what?!?! No horns! hehe

It is a really cool and fun idea :D
I likes it!

Gemma said...

Gotta love it!!!!

Diana said...

Heck, I thought this WAS Brandy! LOL