Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunshine Day 4, and more tiny faces

Here are a couple more tiny faces I've done, perhaps it's practice makes perfect? No, I think it's knowing your facial planes and structures that makes these tiny faces believable. It's really not about "detail", it's more about what the viewer reads as detail. Both these ladies are around
9" to 10" tall.
"Lady in White" , Prismacolor on Wallis Pastel paper.
White is never really white, is it?


"Double Trouble", Prismacolor on Wallis Pastel paper. I had so much fun with that paisley print vest... less is more, and it worked so sweetly there. ;)


Here is today's update on Sunshine too....





7 comments:

Dors said...

Toni, Sunshine is so incredible. so much detail and so perfect.
Beautiful work.

Dors said...

Tiny faces...are amazing. I love them and the background.paper makes them just perfect.

Your work just blows me away... If only I could do work like this.
I do hope I get there one day. I try. :)

Eric said...

Your paisley vest is nice and the Double Trouble must have taken some time to get the draping of the dress fabric just right. I think that part of it would be easier if sculpting in clay instead of drawing!

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Hi Dors, thank you! I'm sure you'll get there (or is that here?, wherever that is.. lol.), your doing wonderful on your pieces! Isn't each one a learning experience?

Eric, Eric, Eric.... thank you kindly sir. The paisly was easy peasy, took all of maybe 20 min to create. It's one of those things that looks like I drew all that detail, but I didn't. ;)

As for sculpting, you have hit on my ultimate goal....I would so love to know the basics, but have NO idea where to start. So, I stick to my safe little drawings and venture out with an oil now and then.

*sigh.. don't distract me! lol.

Jenna White said...

They're all gorgeous! So much detail...(or perceived detail?) Thank you for showing these! :)

Gemma said...

Wow Toni, she is gorgeous. I'm sure there will be a bidding war at the silent auction on this one. Gems

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Thank you & your welcome Jenna!

Gemma dear.. let's not go counting our chickens before they're hatched!

but thanks for the moral support!