Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sunshine, Day 5

It was a beautiful sunny day in Tucson today! Even nicer on my little side of town where the little higher elevation means it's a bit cooler.. :D


So here is Sunshine, as she was this morning after working on her for about an hour.

I've got most of my blocking in, so I'm moving into some of my detail now. Notice how much more shape her tiny feet have than they did this morning?

As I was building her form with my layers.... it dawned on me that I didn't like the rock she was standing on.
Soooooooooooooo
I changed it!
The change isn't quite complete but I had to call it a day and pretend to be the camp cook. I'll finish up those changes tomorrow.

This is how she ended the day today. Tomorrow will consist of building & defining my values in my foreground, and if I have time to push the background back a little more.
Until tomorrow.. Keep Scribbling!





6 comments:

Leann said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing her. I LOVE the colors. I am a 'yellow' person :-)

Brandy said...

ok - I didn't think it had been that long since I checked in on you!

I try to at least once a week... coming along splendidly btw (sunshine :D, love the title)

Meisie said...

Looking just beautiful! That bg is awesome!...and I like the changes to the rock!

Eric said...

Now there is a rock truly worthy of a beautifully rendered subject standing on! (and I know a thing or two about stone, let me tell you, lol).

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

Leann, thank you so much! I appreciate your taking the time to comment. I love yellow too!

Brandy dear, You only check on me once a week? Ack.. I feel so lost and forgotten.... *sniff.... lol

Thanks Charne! I like this rock much better too.

Eric lol...thank you again kind sir. Hope the rock is still solid with the new update lolol..

Dors said...

This is looking so beautiful. I thought wow this looks finished to me..what more could Toni do..but seeing the later updates..wow It's now really popping off the paper.