Thursday, August 12, 2010

Monsoon - Aug 2010

All I can say is... WOW! I can't even begin to do this sunset from last week justice.

This band of clouds snuck in behind the mountain, I didn't realize it was coming because I had been zoned out working on "Open Range", my current colored pencil WIP. My hubby came home from work and headed outside, so I followed. Wow.. had to go back in and grab my camera, we weren't sure what was going to happen, but I wanted to be ready.

I'm so glad I did. I'm sharing just a few of the 136 images I captured that evening. I've done limited post-production work on these, adjusted my levels slightly, along with the curves. A few I didn't at all because they just became fluorescent and over the top. I didn't adjust the color as usual..what you see is what the camera captured.

Enjoy.


 It's always such a surreal feeling when the dark clouds gather on one side, but the sun is still
shining brightly on the other...

 Then the clouds moved in over the mountain...

 Lightning flashed and thunder boomed....
 The clouds billowed and churned above our heads as it grew darker....
 It was almost as if you could see the heavens, if you looked hard enough.
And then......a shaft of sunlight and the sunset hour was upon us.
 That magical hour of light that starts as a faint glow of color which increases with the setting sun,
 growing richer, lingering for just a few brief minutes before the sun drops behind the
 horizon ushering in the dusk that precedes the darkness.









I hope you are as amazed at the beauty God shared with us that evening as I am.


No comments: