Sunday, January 23, 2011

Watercolors by Annalise!

My 5year old grandaughter came to visit for the weekend. She loves to draw too! Her Papa and I gave her a large set of watercolor pencils for Christimas, only she thought they were regular colored pencils. Then, this weekend I showed her how much fun her pencils can be. She was very excited!
(and surprised lol)

Here are her very first watercolor paintings.


 Here is her second WCPencil painting below, she even beat me creating baby Stocktons first portrait!

Very nice work Sweetheart!  Thank you for coming to paint with me. :D

"Capturing the spirit of a portrait, the sparkle of a moment in time or the soft sounds of your memories."

3 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

these are so great and precious Toni. It was a lot of fun setting my girls and their cousins and later grandkids up with an old shirt, watercolors and let them go. I was never very popular when I got them all at a certain age a set of fingerpaints but did we ever have fun. Last night I posted on my facebook a photo of grandkids all busy painting away in my studio.
Thanks so much for your comment on my art blog. That deer was so perfectly posed with the light and then the sun was gone for the rest of the afternoon and everything went blah.

Gary Keimig said...

these are so great and precious Toni. It was a lot of fun setting my girls and their cousins and later grandkids up with an old shirt, watercolors and let them go. I was never very popular when I got them all at a certain age a set of fingerpaints but did we ever have fun. Last night I posted on my facebook a photo of grandkids all busy painting away in my studio.
Thanks so much for your comment on my art blog. That deer was so perfectly posed with the light and then the sun was gone for the rest of the afternoon and everything went blah.

Toni James ~ Desert Winds Studio said...

Thank you Gary! I agree, tis fun to watch them discover their creativity. She really wanted to work in the studio, but it was cold out there, so we opted for the kitchen table. The girls love to draw, my grandson isn't so inclined so far, of course he's only 3. Trucks are more to his liking. lol. The mulie was perfect in that light! Funny how you can get a few great shots then nothing. That's how it goes I guess lol. Always another day!