Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Little Peek at the Memphis Workshop

First, I'd like to thank the Memphis Chapter for having me, what a nice group! I really
enjoyed my time with you, thank you so much.

We started out Saturday with a little power point and a little discussion. Uart was our support so we discussed the pro's and how it's made. (I haven't come across any cons) Uart was a new support for all
but one in this group, I think it was a hit!


We reviewed eye anatomy, that the eye isn't simply a marble shape. Then a little demo to get them started ...






At the end of the day, everyone had an eye, a wet, glossy,
 vibrant realistic eye, along with skin tones.
I know what I showed them was very different than what they were used to, and there
were some surprises that their under paintings actually ended up in full color.
They were all great!

Sunday we dove into the little portrait, starting out the same way we did the eye.
Little bit of discussion and off they went.







They didn't finish, and they weren't supposed to, but they did awesome! Sorry we didn't get an picture from Sunday's final to share with you. Next time I'll remember.

Thanks again Memphis!

Keep Scribbling!
Tj






"Capturing the spirit of a portrait, the sparkle of a moment in time, or the soft sounds of your memories."

2 comments:

Brandy said...

what, no FB link? lol ;)

Ahhh that makes me jealous of Beth again to see these pics - do you take zemoo's for payment? hehe

looking forward to FTW w/ fingers crossed

Beth said...

Well you snuck a couple in there that I haven't seen! haha
Thanks for coming Toni! It was awesome and hope to be able to do it again sometime!
Next time I want to go see those 'horses' with you! haha