Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring is for Spaghetti Westerns?

Ha! 

Western + Cowboy Boots + Venice + Mules = Spaghetti Westerns, right?
( I won't go into how much I dislike those movies though)

Right?
 Have you all decided I've lost my mind :D.  I've spent the weekend lining up
my little ducks in a row. Seems my summer is going to be busy and it's  not even here yet!

So how did I come about with the Spaghetti Westerns you ask? Well.....

1. Western = I've got these Cowboy Boots to do, for my CPSA silent auction donation.
2. Western = Mules. Gary Corder over at http://www.muleville.com/ asked me if I'd be interested in creating a small piece of art from his photography contest winning photo. Of course I would!
It seem to be so busy drawing the 2 legged kind of animals I've haven't had time to draw
 any long ears lately. I'm really looking forward to it!

3. Spaghetti! = I've been blessed with an absolute awesome commission! I'm going to Venice!!
Of course that's where the Spaghetti in Spaghetti Westerns came from. Doh.
Makes perfect sense to me, doesn't it to you? I should back up and clarify, *I'm* not actually
going to Venice, but my commission is of Venice, and the newly married couple who asked
for a wedding memory. I'm really excited, can't wait to get into this one, I've already begun
the composition and value studies. Stay tuned for more...

Western = I've also got to put the final tweaks on *Open Range* now that it's sat for awhile..

not to mention a couple portraits and another project in the works ..
So, I guess ya'll see how my mind works now?

Guess I could have went with Italian Leather instead?

:D

Keep Scribbling!
Tj







"Capturing the spirit of a portrait, the sparkle of a moment in time, or the soft sounds of your memories."

2 comments:

Beth said...

Ok, I admit it...I thought there for a minute that you may be losing it! haha
Congrats on the upcoming projects! Sounds like fun! And don't forget that you may have a little trip to the Lonestar State this summer! No sure if I will go without a roommate though!

Eric said...

Dang, for a minute, I was super excited that you were going to Venice. You should still go, but don't eat the spaghetti with the black squid ink. Bleh.