Monday, September 30, 2013

Depression stinks, there, I said it...

..and I know I'm not alone. ((Hugz to all of you who do or did suffer from depression too))


Apparently it snuck up on me over the last few years, so quietly did it settle in my soul that I never saw it coming. All I knew was I felt as if I had fallen in a deep hole and I really didn't care. I felt myself withdraw from my life, my art, my family ...everything that was important to me.

I just didn't care.

 About anything.

At all.

Ah, it makes so much sense now.

When I finally realized I needed help with my symptoms, went to a Dr. (not for depression) but she's the one that figured it out. Hallelujah!  Today I am out of that hole, and finally feeling myself coming alive again. Tried the meds.. no thanks! I've opted for the natural way, sunshine and fresh air instead, camera in hand. So if you wonder why so much photography, well.. because it's what I need at the moment. Getting out makes me feel alive, happy and refreshed.

There is an oil painting on my easel, along with a small piece I'm reworking for the CPSA Explore This! Online Exhibition. I will share as soon as I can. I would love to do some serious plein air this winter, so
 we will see, keep your fingers crossed!

Why am I sharing this? Well... I've been neglecting this blog, among other things for to long. Time to set it right again. Mostly, looking back I wonder how many people I own apologies to, I know I've dropped the ball on a few important things in the last couple three years, and for that I'm truly sorry.

TJ



Summer flowers in northern Arizona









Until next time, Enjoy!







4 comments:

Doreen Cross said...

Glad your feeling better TJ. I have been where you have and it sure is a dark hole. I survived and I am happy. You did it too...Congratulations. I know how hard it is to come up on top. Hugs my friend. xx
Dors.

Toni James said...

(((Thank you Dors))) I know as artists we are prone to bouts of depression like phases, but this was different. I am so glad to hear you are better now too!!!

Doreen Cross said...

Thanks Toni. Keep moving up that hill. :D
Hugs
Dors xx

Charne aka Meisie said...

I am so glad you are better again Toni. That is an awful black hole to find yourself in.
Blessings
Charne